As of the first of June we are a little more than a third of the way finished with the Wood and Textiles Room (UP-2). There have been surprisingly few items that we can’t find in LibraryWorld, so the work in this room is moving along pretty quickly. I found a couple of boxes of pamphlets that I need to go through next week and a few serials that can be moved into the serials room with the rest of their family. We have also seen a good deal of government issued publications and instruction manuals, but fortunately these have all had records available from the Library of Congress.
In our serials room (UP-3) we found a stack of spiral bound reports published by AKTRIN Research Institute. I’m not sure exactly what these are beyond financial reports, but they seem like a good resource for anyone researching trends in the furniture industry.
Last week Devon started us off with cataloging in upstairs Room 2. Today I finished up with the items from UP-1 that needed records from Mary Jane, and started on those in UP-3. There aren’t too many in UP-3, so I should finish that by tomorrow. UP-2 is going well. So far there are more items with no records in LibraryWorld than there were in UP-1, but that was expected as the items are generally older and more obscure.
So far this week we have finished with most of the cataloging, labeling, and shelving from Room 1 (Interior Design). We only have remaining a few items with no records in LibraryWorld and we will be completely finished with that section! No problems so far, everything is going very smoothly.
We will be moving into Room 2 next week and continuing to work on the serials room.